Thursday, February 7, 2008

Wednesday Adventures

This morning we met our Moms group at Rodgers-Smith park, just down the road from our house. Helen and Noelle the organisers, put together an amazing array of crafty Valentines projects for the little ones to do, in-between playing on the swings and shooting hoops in the basket ball court.



This group was such a lifesaver when we first arrived in the country. It's a great group of moms who have babies ranging in age from zero upwards and who are incredibly supportive. Through this, I have gotten out the house on days when I was feeling really lonely and missing the UK, made friends, the boys have made connections with other children, I've been given countless advice on things like where to get my hair cut, where a good paediatrician is, and we're even having a mom's night out this month. This was truly a huge stabilising influence for both me and the boys when we first arrived in America. It's hard to believe that we've been here for just over 7 months now.

3 comments:

Sivan said...

I know, isn't this group great! Thank god I'm there - I have you as my friend! Hope you had a good day and have a lovely w/e!
See you in a couple of days.xoxoxo

Helen said...

You must know what a blessing it is to have you and your sweet boys in the group! With your kindness, warmth, and outgoing nature, I feel so lucky to have met you :)

I hope you don't mind if I add your blog title on my sidebar.. have a great weekend!

LilMama said...

Hey Sarah

I'm really glad to have met you. It's been quite awhile since I've been to any events, so I'm trying to get to know as many new faces as I can. Harry and George are awesome! I hope it's cool that I add your blog to mine, too.

Best, Michelle : )