Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boys will be boys

After another weekend stuck inside because of rain and windy weather, the boys were desperate to get out and about in the sunshine when it came on Monday morning. So we met some friends at Heather Farms Park. Unfortunately, there were still some pretty big puddles hanging around and you can see from these photos what the boys thought of that......










So we had another naked car ride home from the park because I hadn't learnt a lesson from last week of the importance of having changes of clothes ready in the car!

I'm really excited about Easter this year, because it's the first year that the boys are starting to understand it all. I talk a little about the religious side of things, and we have also been talking about the Easter Bunny coming. So we went to the dollar store (oh yeah, I pushed the boat out!) in Concord yesterday afternoon and the boys chose these buckets to use for their Easter Egg Hunt on the 15th March. Yes......Harry chose the one with pink trimming...

When we were putting jammies on that night, I noticed that George had a couple of splinters in his foot. Harry is usually the one to have splinters, so he took the big brother role very seriously in looking after George while Simon fished them out with a pair of tweezers. He held George's hand and told him to 'look at me, don't look at the tweezers George, you'll be fine, it's ok just squeeze my hand if it hurts'. It was just the sweetest thing ever and brought tears to my eyes to watch them together. Awww!

1 comment:

LilMama said...

Ah yes ... the mud puddles. Sofia loved them last week. Although it was a HUGE mess, it was fun seeing her having a blast. So sweet how your boys take care of each other!