Sunday, February 17, 2008

Me Me Me

This past week I feel like I've been pretty self-indulgent.

On Tuesday, I dropped Harry & George off at pre-school and visited Starbucks for a venti latte.....as I'm pregnant it has to be non-fat, decaf - almost no point having it really, except for habit I guess... and a big cake, yum.

I sat in the 70 degree morning sun while wearing flip flops, sunglasses and a smile. I raised my latte to England and hoped it might be raining there - sorry!

That afternoon, I arranged to have a 3-d/4-d scan of the baby at Sneak Peek in Pleasant Hill. This was all for me to see the baby and re-confirm that she hasn't grown a penis since I saw her last! Which of course, she hasn't. Having only seen Harry and George in glorious 2-d, I wasn't sure how I would feel about seeing this baby in 3-d. It was amazing. I was able to watch her yawn, rub her eyes, perform a somersault and she looked perfect - like I could almost reach out and touch her.

On Thursday I went to my prenatal yoga class at Elephant Pharm in Walnut Creek. My hormones have been all over the place for the last few days, and I really felt it in the class. I couldn't concentrate on the poses and kept feeling faint. The teacher spoke to us about breathing, letting go of stresses that don't belong to us and we can't alter, of allowing ourselves to relax, think of the baby. It's a lovely time for me to focus on myself and the baby and she seems to feel it, because she moves around the whole time. The teacher's words touched me and I had a little cry and felt tonnes better.

Sivan joined me for the class, and afterwards we drove back home and she took some amazing maternity photos of me. It is very rare for me to be in front of the camera, so I felt incredibly self-conscious at first, but Sivan made me feel so at ease with her as the camera-woman and me with my body, my bump and all my imperfections. Sivan is editing the shots on her computer, so watch this space to see if I pluck up the courage to share some on my blog...


3 comments:

Sivan said...

You are a hot pregnant mama! ;) And I love you!
Hope you had a wonderful w/e with Simon being back at home!
See you tomorrow!
S.xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful!! Amazing!!! I wish I would have had one of those dimensional photos done. I can see why they call them 'bonding' photos..

LilMama said...

That is so freakin' amazing. If I get pregnant again, I'm definitely going to get one of those scans. That must've been such an awesome experience.