Sunday, March 9, 2008

First American Baby Shower

Maria had her baby shower a few days ago and I was very excited to be invited, because this would be my first proper American Baby Shower. This is Maria's 3rd baby - she has two sweet boys both 15 months apart like me, and she's now expecting a girl in early April. It's lovely to share my pregnancy with a new friend, and exciting that our situations are so similar.

When she was opening her gifts, any clothes were hung onto this clothes line and hung around the room - all the tiny pink garments looked way too small for anyone other than a doll to fit into....oh, how I've forgotten how dinky newborns are.

This last photo is of a melon that Maria's friend and co-hostess, Iliana turned into a crib. It looked amazing in the 'flesh'.
Maria and Sivan are together organising a baby shower for me on 27th April, which I am very excited about. My mum will also be in the country at the time, so I'm glad that she'll be able to share this time with me as she's missed so much of my pregnancy because we're living so far away from eachother.

No comments: