



We visited the Exploratorium in San Francisco with Marcus and Peter last Sunday, and I am totally bowled over by what a fantastic place it is. I don't think I have ever been anywhere with the boys and not had to say 'no' at all, all day........every exhibit was hands on.I think it can best be described as very similar in style and set up to the Science Museum in London. There are lots of scientific experiments going on and they cover sight, sound, smell and touch. The boys liked the biological experiments upstairs with dead rats and their decomposition rates......mmm, nice!
It was pretty busy with families and children on Spring Break, but there was so much to see that there really wasn't any queuing to be done. I'm sorely tempted to get a family membership there for the coming year (our current Lindsay Wildlife Museum/Oakland Zoo one runs out soon and we've done them to death!) - it was that good, and the parking is free, it's right on the Marina, so lots to see and lots of green open space to run around on. I might just bring a picnic next time though as the canteen food is not great.

No comments:
Post a Comment